Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Physical Fitness

"Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity, The relationship between the soundness of the body and the activities of the mind is subtle and complex. Much is not yet understood. But we do know what the Greeks knew: that intelligence and skill can only function at the peak of their capacity when the body is healthy and strong."

By: President John F. Kennedy 

What this quote means is that if your body is not healthy or strong then you are unable to function at your best. For example if your are sick or you had a long night and you have to go to school the next morning you will not function properly because you are not healthy and strong. When you have a fever you do not want to get out of bed to get yourself something to eat or to get medecine. When your whole body aches and you have a some assignments due your next class meeting you feel even worse. Your body is not in a good state and that makes your mind be in bad state as well. There has been many times where i do not feel good and i still have to come to school. On those days I do not perform well in any of my classes no matter how hard I try. Half of the time I am thinking about how bad I feel and I would much rather be at home in my bed. I am not a person that gives up easily but when I am sick it makes my mind weak as well. I begin to give up on the easiest task. Being physically weak makes you mentally weak as well. Having your body function well makes everything else work well as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment